SMEG Guastalla (IT) fire water pond
In the past, the pond had been waterproofed with a cement product coated with epoxy varnish, on which damaged areas formed in the course of time, resulting in the seepage of considerable quantities of water. SMEG’s managers needed to restore the impermeability of the waterproofing, and – after detailed consultation with Triflex experts on the specifics of the measures required and the performance of the Triflex systems – decided to use a new waterproofing with liquid applied waterproofing based on polymethyl methacrylate, which is much more elastic and durable than the previous coating.
- Weatherproof against heavy rainfall
- Enduringly watertight
- Aesthetic integration of the waterproofing into the architecture
- Application to horizontal and vertical pond surfaces
Refurbishment steps overview
- Grinding of the substrate
- Priming with Triflex Cryl Primer 276
- Fleece-reinforced waterproofing of details with Triflex ProDetail
- Fleece-reinforced waterproofing of the surface with Triflex ProTect
- Wearing layer application with Triflex Cryl Finish 205 in the colour RAL 7012 for the colour design
WITH THE CLOSE COOPERATION WITH HUBERT SEDLMEIR FROM TRIFLEX, WE WERE ABLE TO COMPLETE A RELIABLE REFURBISHMENT
IN JUST 4 WEEKS.
Gerhard Huber, IST Instandsetzungstechnik